Use a map to determining altitude (elevation) when a point is tapped/clicked on a map. You can click/tap ad many times as required to find the elevation of multiple points.
How To Use
- Click on the map on a location where you wish to find the altitude
- The altitude will be displayed in the message box below the map and when you hover over the marker
- You can click to place more than one marker and return to hover over each in order to find out the altitude again
- Click the [Clear Map] button in order to remove all markers and start again
- Use the search option to find a place
- Click on a marker to remove it
You can also access a CSV list of latitude, longitude, altitude in meters and altitude in feet for every marker you place on the map.
Future Updates and Ideas
- Output in location in UTM Grid coordinates
- Allow input of location by latitude, longitude coordinates
How it Works
- Version 1 (28/09/2008)
- Version 1.1 (28/12/2008)
- Added quick find option
- Version 1.2 (21/03/2009)
- Enlarged output text at bottom of map
- Version 1.3 (04/12/2009)
- Output now also displayed in feet
- Version 2.0 (10/08/2010)
- Version 2.1 (11/08/2010)
- Added new local search facility
- Brought back output in feet
- Version 2.2 (17/08/2010)
- Added output to CSV option to allow export of latitude, longitude, meters and feet
- Version 2.3 (31/08/2011)
- Now outputs altitude immediatly from a search
- Version 2.4 (07/10/2013)
- Added scale control
- Version 2.4 (10/11/2013)
- Removed Google Local Search API (Deprecated)
- Version 3.0 (23/11/2013) - You are here
- Added option to Upload and Plot Addresses with their elevation
- Version 3.1 (26/10/2015)
- New option to draw a line between the markers
- Version 3.2 (18/08/2016)
- Cumulative distance is now output
- Version 3.3 (16/10/2016)
- Clicking on an elevation marker now removes it
- Version 4.0 (27th September 2018)
- Switched to Leaflet Maps
- Version 4.1 (4th October 2018)
- Search tool added
- Version 4.2 (4th October 2018)
- New Elevation data provider
Comments For This Page
What pressure do I need for new orleans
On 4th July 2020
Need to show on maps the true locations of the true elevation points.
display /- 10meters
By Palomarbob on 3rd June 2020
I want eye elevation.
On 26th May 2020
Sorry, that's not possible to provide.
By Daft Logic on 25th May 2020
Hi, I was wondering it would be possible to get a thing that says the highest point on a line inbetween two markers?
On 24th May 2020
Site still seems to work OK for Altitude. The cumulative distances seem to be a long way out.
By SteveR on 13th May 2020
could you make it soo i can press points on the map and on the side it would write the altitude and then let me export the map as a jpg or something but save as much quality as possible
By ivan on 24th April 2020
Great tool! Thanks!
By Pota Alura on 16th January 2020
message box displays nothing at all when I hover over the marker or click on it - not much use!
On 26th December 2019
Is this site accurate?
By Redd on 13th November 2019
Looks like the free API calls run out quickly. There's 100,000 free calls every 24 hours, you'd think that was huge but I guess this site is quite popular.
By Emily B on 5th November 2019
Curiously it is now working just as good as previously. I am now getting the correct altitude for all the points I request. It's changed back to its best in the last few weeks.
I hope everyone else is getting the same result.
On 4th November 2019
Your altitude measurements need to be more accurate. It%u2019s reads 813.65 feet all over my yard and it is definitely not even close to being flat.
On 17th October 2019
so...apparently if I climb another 345 meters up this hill.....I'll still be -9999 meters below sea level. I know we are supposed to have rising sea levels but I'm fairly sure I'm not currently 10km below the seas surface.
By JB on 30th September 2019
On 14th September 2019
It's now showing see level to be - 1,54.96224225603763,-361.53869819623657,-9999.000,-32805.118
That's -9999.000m below sea level and that is measuring a point on the River Tyne at sea level!!
I think you have something wrong somewhere!
On 26th August 2019
The measures are waaaay out. Useless!
On 21st August 2019
This site is A-W-E-S-O-M-E thanks for the altitude tool
By Marco on 7th August 2019
Elevation is always -9999 metres?...
By Martijn on 13th July 2019
My location is 1816 Cannes Dr. 91362 can tell my location attitude
By Bill Waitsman on 9th July 2019
Regret. This site doesn't work.
By Stuart Heasman on 7th July 2019
Elevations have changed . Bad results , useless!
On 7th July 2019
it was possible to visualize contour lines on the map. Now I can't find the option anymore.
I was using your nice tool to convert real world locations to maps for a videogame. I would pinpoint the mountain peaks and valley floors and copy-paste the data produced by the site into a datasheet that would convert it to game coordinates. This requires both the capacity to see mountain tops and valley floors - which requires contour lines - and having an output that can be pasted easily into a datasheet. Your site was the only one that let me do that, and now I can't make it work anymore.
thanks to anyone who can help me.
On 30th June 2019
How to enable geolocalization
By Maria Grazia on 27th June 2019
This site used to be good, now it's useless. Take it down.
On 27th June 2019
When will be the next map update?
By M. V on 25th June 2019
Hmm. This website is terrible. Can't use it on mobile devices. It won't show altitude/elevation of any coordinate you enter. It's useless. Bye.
By Loki on 9th June 2019
Umm, which area/region are you querying?
By Daft Logic on 5th June 2019
Wtf? Every point I click on is: at "-9999.00 m / -32805.12 feet"
By Umm on 5th June 2019
Great tool. With the new altitude provider, it works well... By SM on 27 May 2019
On 27th May 2019
30 out of 588 comments shown. See all comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: