Due to significant price increases we can no longer offer all functionally. You may find some functions are no longer available or have limitations in use
Output : Current Area0 m² | 0 km² | 0 acres | 0 hectares | 0 feet² | 0 square miles | 0 square nautical miles
Add a location manually (also accepts [latitude,longitude])
How to Use
- Click multiple times around the map to define an area
- The calculated area will then be displayed below the map
- Click [Delete Last Point] to remove the last point clicked
- Click [Clear All Points] to remove all areas drawn
- Click [Generate KML] to generate a KML file representing the last area drawn. Once you click this option, after a short delay, a hyperlink "Download KML File Here" will appear. From this link, you can download your KML file
- Click [Create New Area] to start drawing anew area whilst keeping any existing areas on-screen
- You can adjust the map size by clicking Small, Medium, Large or Full Screen
- Click [Export Lat/Lng] to export a list of latitude and longitude coordinates to a text box below the map. You can then copy and paste these to an external system.
Login to Save and Load Maps
You can create an account for free from which you can save and load saved areas unique to you. Click [Create Free Account] to create a new, free account. Once you confirm your email, you will be able to save and load maps while logged in.
- l - Delete Last Point - Windows : (Alt+l) - Mac (Ctrl+Alt+l)
- a - Clear All Points - Windows : (Alt+a) - Mac (Ctrl+Alt+a)
- n - Create New Area - Windows : (Alt+n) - Mac (Ctrl+Alt+n)
- z - Zoom to fit - Windows : (Alt+z) - Mac (Ctrl+Alt+z)
- t - Toggle Markers - Windows : (Alt+t) - Mac (Ctrl+Alt+t)
- s - Toggle Full Screen Off and On - Windows : (Alt+s) - Mac (Ctrl+Alt+s)
Future Uses and Ideas
- Allow multiple areas to be added to a project, saved then loaded afterwards
- Allow upload a KML file and calculate any areas of polygons inside
- Allow export of lengths of perimeter sides
- Allow different color schemes for additional output areas rather than just one
- The ability to select an area as an entirety and drag it around, copy/clone/duplicate it
- Option to subtract sub area from main area
|Version 2.1||16/10/2008||Added Terrain map type|
|Version 2.2||14/12/2009||Added quick find search tool|
|Version 2.3||21/03/2009||Added acres output|
|Version 2.4||04/11/2009||Increased maximum size for the Quick Find option|
|Version 2.5||28/01/2010||Added square nautical miles output. Rounded off all output to 2 decimal places|
|Version 2.6||22/02/2010||Added square feet output.|
|Version 2.7||12/10/2010||New option to input points manually by lat/lng pairs.|
|Version 3.0||01/12/2010||Implemented Google Maps API V3|
|Version 3.1||19/12/2010||Added option to export to KML (Google Earth)|
|Version 3.2||17/02/2011||Added option to draw more than one area in the same session|
|Version 3.3||07/06/2011||Fixed Issue with last polyline not showing on KML output|
|Version 4.0||08/09/2011||Ability to save areas under user login|
|Version 4.1||14/12/2011||Added hectares output|
|Version 4.2||22/12/2011||Added full screen option|
|Version 4.3||05/02/2012||Improved Search Facility|
|Version 5.0||12/11/2012||Added perimeter output|
|Version 6.0||05/01/2013||Default map is now larger
Download KML File Here link has been moved
Added Zoom to Fit button
Fixed bug with perimeter calculation
|Version 6.1||29/06/2014||Added option to change fill and line colours|
|Version 6.2||18/07/2014||Added button [Toggle Markers]|
|Version 6.3||05/11/2014||Search Function now works when you hit enter|
|Version 6.4||23/03/2015||New button [Estimate Address] to estimate the address of the map centre point|
|Version 6.5||15/04/2015||New transparent fill area option|
|Version 6.6||11/05/2015||Location of marker now displayed when you hover over the marker|
|Version 6.7||27/10/2015||KML export now includes all areas|
|Version 6.8||11/11/2015||New option to export list of latitude and longitude to a text box|
|Version 6.9||14/12/2015||Now displays total perimeter|
|Version 6.10||06/01/2016||New option to only download the last area as a KML file when you draw multiple areas|
|Version 6.11||28/01/2016||Improved Full Screen function
Added Keyboard Shortcuts
|Version 6.12||16/02/2016||Added new function to delete a marker when you right click|
|Version 6.13||24/02/2016||Added option to show grid lines on map|
|Version 6.14||04/04/2016||Updates to print formatting|
|Version 6.15||02/08/2016||Bug fix : Sometimes area would not delete when click the red X|
|Version 6.16||21/02/2017||Bug fix : Issue while renaming a saved area. Now resolved|
|Version 6.17||17/08/2017||Fixed issue with text formatting of notes|
|Version 6.18||19/10/2017||Area nodes can be added and removed more easily|
|Version 6.19||05/07/2018||Full Screen mode now displays the current area on screen|
|6.20||11/08/2018||Google Maps search removed due to costs. Replaced with custom search tool|
Comments For This Page
Thanks for the tool. Easy and practical.
On 13th September 2018
latitude longitude doesnt work. garbage
On 7th September 2018
thanks lot , superb .......
By Ishwar A on 3rd September 2018
The latest version doesn't work at all!! I can't get any search to work! Please correct it and go back to an older version if needed!!!!!!!!
By ARITT on 29th August 2018
Use this awesome tool frequently. Thank you for this!
By Todd on 29th August 2018
As per the version history, "Google Maps search removed due to costs." Here's what you need to do.
(1) Go to Google Maps and search for the address
(2) From the URL/search bar copy the Latitude and Longitude coordinates. They are right after the "@" https://www.google.com/maps/place/your firstname.lastname@example.org,-79.3892455,17z/
(3) Go back to Daft Logic's Google Maps Area Calculator Tool and select Find Location by Latitude and Longitude
(4) Click Search
By Syd Salmon on 28th August 2018
I want to use it on my web site, can i use it with a API ?
By Axel on 27th August 2018
If I outline multiple areas on the same map display, I would like to see area of each (perhaps numbered), not just the last drawn and the total
By El on 2nd August 2018
How can I rotate the image while my point remains to fix?
On 26th July 2018
When I take KML through to Google Earth its always off set now for some reason? I think the marker to toggle 3d has been removed? Many thanks
By Chris on 24th July 2018
Searching by address on this program has been very key within my career, and now i'm not able to search parcels ........
By Alberto on 18th July 2018
Why is the search field not returning what I put into the field?
By Eddie Willis on 18th July 2018
Searh for address is not working! Is there anything that needs to be entered extra?
By Gee on 17th July 2018
I am no longer able to search by address. I keep coming up with addresses out of the country! Is there some way for me to correct this? Was there an update to the program I need to take steps to install?
On 17th July 2018
Hey there! Has the search by address functionality been disabled?
By Rachel on 17th July 2018
You can rotate the map once you zoom in close to certain populated areas and also are on the Satellite view.
By Daft Logic on 10th July 2018
This website is fantastic! I just wanted to know if there is a feature to rotate the map?
By verythankfulresearcher on 9th July 2018
Thanks for the suggestion. m² is now displayed on the Full Screen mode.
By Daft Logic on 5th July 2018
when it goes to the full screen, can you please add the calculations so we can see it without going back and forth to see the calculation? Please and thank you for this nice tool.
On 2nd July 2018
Mudit, no. It assumes the top-down view is flat. So this is a limitation or source of error if you are dealing with undulations.
By Daft Logic on 26th June 2018
Does this take into account, the elevation of the land?
By Mudit on 26th June 2018
Thanks boumen7, we will look in to this.
By Daft Logic on 16th June 2018
What an amazing site. An idea for a future add: to have the possibility to draw a predefined area shape (like a circle) then to fine tune it to get the desired area. The reason is that I want to draw a circle on a coastal area and to only take the dry-land-part of it.
By boumen7 on 16th June 2018
What an amazing tool! I needed to measure an area and did it within secunds of finding this site.
By Rob on 7th June 2018
Add property lines, like Redfin. Thank you! :) Hope Google acquires you, and you make MONEY!
By vot.us on 7th June 2018
Please get in contact directly and include your username. We will look in to this.
By Daft Logic on 4th June 2018
To do a password reset, it says an email will be sent. But no email was received.
On 1st June 2018
Thanks for this! Well developed page and it's nice not to have a promo for a commercial product shoved down your throat to use it.
By Bern on 26th May 2018
Agregar opción de importar coordenadas en unidades geográficas y utm
By Juan Carlos on 16th May 2018
¿Donde está la opción de cargar los puntos? Seria conveniente desde una hoja de cálculo.
By Juan Carlos Tapia on 16th May 2018
30 out of 1606 comments shown. See all comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: