Google Maps Area Calculator Tool
Search For Location :
Add a location manually (also accepts [latitude,longitude])
Output : Current Area
This tool allows you to use Google Maps to define an area and then find out the measurement of the enclosed area. You are also able to save your areas for use later on. Click on the map to start drawing an area.
How to Use
- Click multiple times around the map to define an area
- The calculated area will then be displayed below the map
- Click [Delete Last Point] to remove the last point clicked
- Click [Clear All Points] to remove all areas drawn
- Click [Generate KML] to generate a KML file representing the last area drawn. Once you click this option, after a short delay, a hyperlink "Download KML File Here" will appear. From this link, you can download your KML file
- Click [Create New Area] to start drawing anew area whilst keeping any existing areas on-screen
- You can adjust the map size by clicking Small, Medium, Large or Full Screen
Login to Save and Load Maps
You can create an account for free from which you can save and load saved areas unquiet to you. Click [Create Free Account] to create a new, free account. Once you confirm your email, you will be able to save and load maps while logged in.
Further Uses and Ideas
- Enable clicking inside the area
- Allow markers to be toggled on and off
- Allow upload a KML file and calculate any areas of polygons inside
- Version 1 (14/11/2007)
- Version 2 (25/03/2008) - Draggable markers added
- Version 2.1 (16/10/2008) - Added Terrain map type
- Version 2.2 (14/12/2009) - Added quick find search tool
- Version 2.3 (21/03/2009) - Added acres output
- Version 2.4 (04/11/2009) - Increased maximum size for the Quick Find option
- Version 2.5 (28/01/2010) - Added square nautical miles output. Rounded off all output to 2 decimal places
- Version 2.6 (22/02/2010) - Added square feet output.
- Version 2.7 (12/10/2010) - New option to input points manually by lat/lng pairs.
- Version 3 (01/12/2010) - Implemented Google Maps API V3
- Version 3.1 (19/12/2010) - Added option to export to KML (Google Earth)
- Version 3.2 (17/02/2011) - Added option to draw more than one area in the same session
- Version 3.3 (07/06/2011) - Fixed Issue with last polyline not showing on KML output
- Version 4 (08/09/2011) - Ability to save areas under user login
- Version 4.1 (14/12/2011) - Added hectares output
- Version 4.2 (22/12/2011) - Added full screen option
- Version 4.3 (05/02/2012) - Improved Search Facility
- Version 5 (12/11/2012) - Added perimeter output
- Version 6 (05/01/2013)
- Default map is now larger
- Download KML File Here link has been moved
- Added Zoom to Fit button
- Fixed bug with perimeter calculation
- Version 6.1 (29/06/2014) - Added option to change fill and line colours
- Version 6.2 (18/07/2014) - Added button [Toggle Markers]
Previous Comments For This Page
excellent work. Does anybody know the how true are these results ?
By Hc on 29/10/2014
SP land grab 1
By SP land grab 1 on 28/10/2014
My Farm in Abathaanapuram
By Prakash S S on 25/10/2014
The perimeter tool is broken. Individually, the lines add up to -750m. When put into a rectangle, it shows the perimeter as 390.
Very good tool, save my life! Thanks! :)
By FlÃ¡vio Vilas Boas on 19/10/2014
Area de Cana Fazenda Palhada do Capoeirão
By Arlindo Cesar FLeury Jr on 16/10/2014
Area of grass at Desert Christian Middle School
By Dave Jorg on 15/10/2014
Hi, its it displayed below the map and options buttons. Where it says "Output"
By Daft Logic on 15/10/2014
Where is the value for the area displayed?
This is an excellent tool! thank you so much!
By alecheverry on 14/10/2014
área banana maça / pdrs
By AntÃ´nio Sales on 14/10/2014
Excellent, easy to use tool to measure area from Google Earth aerial images.
By CS on 13/10/2014
By GrundstÃ¼ck GÃ¼strow on 13/10/2014
By Vasco JosÃ© da Silva e Santos on 13/10/2014
Helped me out several times. Thank you for the fine job.
By MD on 11/10/2014
Im lovin it,thanks for education softwere
By salmanaryoga on 07/10/2014
very nice calculator i like this Bangaru Narahari 06/10/2014
By Bangaru Narahari on 06/10/2014
By educoronado on 03/10/2014
Hi Gordon, It sounds like you are using the perimeter measurement to obtain a distance. For a 2 sided area, this is twice the distance between them.
By Daft Logic on 30/09/2014
My measure is double the actual What have I done wrong
By Gordon on 30/09/2014
O this tool is Great, thanks a Lot
By Prashant Suryavanshi on 29/09/2014
Thank you so much. This tool rocks.
By JMD on 28/09/2014
Total area 401 to Argentia5.71 acres
By 401 grediview project on 26/09/2014
Great tool, im buying a house and comparing garden sizes before i buy the one i want. Great tool love it.
By mhp on 19/09/2014
By ramjibhai chaudhari on 11/09/2014
30 out of 945 comments shown. See all comments.
Add your own comment below and let others know what you think: